GEC EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The following employment opportunities are available at GEC:
Job Title: Engineering/Field Technician – Entry Level (Full Time)
Location: Orlando/Kissimmee, FL
Description: As an Engineering/Field Technician, you will perform soil and construction materials testing at the direction of an engineer. Job duties are predominantly performed outdoors at undeveloped project sites that are sometimes heavily wooded with standing water. Applicants need to be reliable and have a good work ethic and a good driving record is required. Some weekend work and overnight stays will be expected. Essential job duties include:
- Stake borings and manage drill crew.
- Drive to job sites and conduct soils, concrete and other construction materials testing. Return samples to office for testing. Report data in an accurate, complete, timely and understandable fashion.
- Communicate with field supervisor, advising of current job status and locations as required.
- Ensure that project requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements and company policies or procedures.
- Operate and maintain testing equipment and motor vehicle.
- Read and interpret construction plans.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Ability to work outdoors and lift up to 30 to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Pass a background check and drug screening
- No experience required however background in construction is a plus
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, and paid holidays.
- Upon successful completion of training a company vehicle will be provided.
- Paid overtime for work over 40 hours per week.
- Successful candidate will be encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
- Backup support to receptionist for answering phones
GEC is an EOE and provides Health, Life and LTD insurance along with Profit Sharing. Dental, Vision and Short Term Disability insurance and 401K is alsoavailable. PTO includes Holidays, Sick Leave and Vacation. GEC is a Drug Free Workplace.
Send resumes to: Terri-Ann Gomes, Human Resources Manager
Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants via email at email@example.com