GEC EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The following employment opportunities are available at GEC:
Entry Level Field Geologist / Environmental Engineer:
- BS degree in Geology, Environmental or Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science
- 0-2 years of environmental experience
- HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain
- Performs field observations and data collection assignments such as drilling soil borings, monitoring well installation, groundwater sampling and monitoring, soil sampling, and soil vapor sampling.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of data from sampling, reports, maps, drawings, or other sources to support site characterization efforts. Completes technical writing with peer review, conducts critical analysis of data, and presents data and evaluations in a clear and concise manner.
- Coordinates subcontractor activities to ensure orderly and efficient completion of work.
Geotechnical Field Technician:
Full time position for field technician to log soil borings performed by drill rig, stake borings, and manage drill crew. Some Saturday work expected. No experience necessary, training included. Upon successful completion of training a company truck will be provided. Good driving record needed.
Full time position for an experienced administrative assistant with skills to fulfill the following duties:
- Type correspondence, proposals and reports inclusive of forms and tables for project managers and various staff members
- Prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Provide clerical, secretarial and administrative support to department engineers and project managers
- Proofread documents for quality control
- Backup support to receptionist for answering phones
- Perform any other administrative or clerical duties as needed, including backup support to other administrative staff
- Candidate must be proficient in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office 2010, specifically in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
GEC is an EOE and provides Health, Life and LTD insurance along with Profit Sharing. Dental, Vision and Short Term Disability insurance and 401K is alsoavailable. PTO includes Holidays, Sick Leave and Vacation. GEC is a Drug Free Workplace.
Send resumes to: Terri-Ann Gomes, Human Resources Manager
Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants via email at email@example.com